In this case study I will be building an authority website from scratch.
If you are unfamiliar with this, an authority site is generally a large respected site that contains many informative articles.
These sites can rank for hundreds or thousands of keywords, thus bringing in a ton of traffic from the search engines.
Anytime you have traffic, you can almost always build income.
The Power of Case Studies
For me, case studies have been the most powerful method for learning how to build an online income. For example…
Both sites, are great sources of knowledge and inspiration.
I used the knowledge and resources that I received from them and I added my own spin to it. I believe this should be a goal of every online marketer –
‘to learn from those around you and to add to or improve their methods.’
I plan to do this exact thing for my authority site. I will be utilizing tips and tricks from case studies and expanding on them to the best of my ability.
Building an Authority Site
I have divided the building of the authority site into 5 primary topics:
1) Keyword Research – This section involves choosing a niche and researching whether or not I will be able to rank and profit on it. In my opinion, this is the most important step in building any site. Choosing a bad topic can lead to a lot of wasted time, effort, and money.
2) Website Development – This includes everything that goes into first building the site, such as setting up hosting, setting up WordPress, and choosing a good theme.
3) On Page Optimization – This section is all about setting up the site so that it is perfectly optimized for the search engines. By doing this step correctly, my site will be more search engine friendly and it will climb the ranks much easier.
4) Content Creation – In this step I will be outsourcing the creation of articles for my site. With Google’s algorithm focusing more on content, it will be essential that my articles are created with quality in mind.
5) Backlink Generation – This will cover how I will be generating backlinks for my site. A backlink is defined as an incoming hyperlink from one page to another. These incoming hyperlinks are essentially “votes” that push your website up the search engine rankings.
6) Monetization – This step will cover how I will be optimizing the monetization strategy of the site. I would say that this is the most “fun” step in the process
As I work through each step in the process, I will be sharing all of my experiences. I intend to reveal the good, the bad, and the ugly.
To be honest, I don’t know with 100% certainty that the site will be successful. However, I know that without trying I will never get anywhere.
I’ll be posting on the first section, keyword research, within the next few days!
If you would like to stay updated with this and other projects, feel free to sign up for my email list below.